What is a migraine?
Migraine is a common but severe neurological disease that is characterized by extreme recurring headaches with vomiting, nausea, and visual disturbances. Dizziness, excessive sensitivity towards light and sound, numbness in parts of the body can also happen. Most migraine attacks last between 4 hours to 72 hours.
Why awareness is important in migraines:
One in every seven people globally is affected by migraines. More than 30 million people in the United States are suffering from the disorder. But many of the patients initially do not even understand that they might have migraines. They take it as normal headaches and go on with their lives until it becomes intolerable to continue with the daily activities. It is when they might take the steps but for some, it becomes quite late and the migraine might have already become a chronic disease to them. That is why awareness is extremely important so that migraines can be identified as early as possible.
Symptoms of migraine:
It is important to detect the symptoms of migraines so that they can be treated in time. The symptoms of migraines are-
- Extreme pain on one side of the head gradually moves to both sides of the head.
- Hammering sound and sensation in the head.
- Strong sensation towards light, sounds, smell, and taste.
- Temporary loss of vision, blind spots.
- The feeling of fatigue, nausea, or vomiting
- The stomach problems like diarrhea, constipation, bloating, or abdominal pain.
Causes that trigger the migraines:
In migraines, the causes that trigger the attacks may vary from one person to another. That is why the patients are needed to keep track of the individual reasons that might trigger the migraines in them.
- Excessive air pollution or change in the environment
- Change in weather conditions
- Experiencing the change in hormone levels
- Excessive caffeine intake
- Consuming food and beverages that one has intolerance against.
Preventive measures that can be taken:
There is no particular treatment for migraines. Only changes in the lifestyle and some helpful medications can reduce the frequency of migraine attacks.
- Regular exercise and physically active life
- Sound sleep and a healthy diet
- Cut down on caffeine intake
- No consumption of fast food, alcoholic beverages, spicy and unhealthy food.
- Intake of foods at regular intervals.
These are the changes in the lifestyle that can help migraine patients to reduce the chance of frequent migraine attacks. Consulting a health care expert can really help in deciding on the kind of treatment you can have. Some alternative and supplementary treatments like acupuncture and biofeedback can also be effective. Check out more information regarding Biomagnetism therapy. You can consult your therapist to look for the most suitable treatment option for you.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):