What is an Infographic Used for and How can You Benefit from infographics?
There’s a rising trend on the Internet today – the use of infographics. If you use social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and the likes, there’s a good chance that you’ve encountered at least one infographic. This is also true if you like browsing around websites. However, a lot of people still don’t know that they’re looking at one because they don’t know what an infographic is. So, what is an infographic?
Infographic Definition and Meaning
Here it is the infographic definition – infographics are graphics that aim to provide data and information. Moreover, they represent these data and information by putting together text and graphics to come up with a visual representation that’s easy to understand. Additionally, you can read the Wikipedia infographic definition.
You may not know this yet, but you actually encounter them on a daily basis. Speaking of this, a subway map is an example of an infographic because it presents the details of the stops, rails, lines and the likes in a manner that you can easily and quickly find the information that you’re looking for.
Some people misspell the word “infographic” and use the following versions of the word: infographica, info graphic, info-graphic, etc. Please remember that the right spelling of the word is infographic.
What is Infographics for besides being a Provider of Information?
Nowadays, infographics are used to capture the attention of people. Think about it. Are you going to look at a bullet list of information or a piece of text? Going back to the subway map example, are you going to look at a bullet list of all the stops, rails and lines? No, there’s a good chance that you’re not going to look at it because in the first place, you’re not going to notice it.
On the other hand, subway riders can easily see an infographic of the subway map because it will feature different colors that will signify the stops, rails and lines. In addition, there could be graphical representations of the places that they can visit at each stop, for example – tourist attractions. Since the map can capture the attention of the riders, the information will be disseminated. In addition, the information can be easily and quickly absorbed since it’s presented in an efficient manner. See the long evolution of the infographics.
Can You Take Advantage of Infographics?
There are a lot of ways on how you can take advantage of infographics, especially if you’re a business owner. Here are some ways on how you can take advantage of infographics:
1. You can share infographics on social media via your fan page to increase the likes and activity of your page.
2. You can let people know what your company is about and what it’s offeringа in a fun and entertaining manner.
3. You can share promotions quickly and easily since an infographic is easily shared.
These are just some of the ways on how you can benefit from infographics. In a nutshell, infographics can help you with your business.
They can also help you if you have a blog or website. Here are some of the ways on how infographics can benefit your blog or website:
1. Infographics can help you with your link building efforts as other sites will be using your infographic and will be providing a link back to your site to give credit.
2. You can increase the traffic to your site because people love looking at infographics. Your site visitors will be sharing great infographics on their social media accounts, hence increasing the traffic of your site.
3. You can encourage more activity on your blog or website. You can put up a compelling infographic and your site’s visitors will be chiming in via the comments section.
Get Cool Infographics Now
What is an infographic ? It’s a fun and entertaining way to boost your site and/or business. If you’re not using infographics yet, you better start using them now. If you have found a quality and informative infographic feel free to submit it.